What information do we collect about you?
How will we use the information about you?
We collect information about you to process your order and manage your account. With your consent, we will also contact you by phone, email, post or SMS/MMS about promotional offers and sending you newsletters, marketing and/or promotional materials in relation to electronic, technological and engineering products, services, systems and software offered by us and/or our related companies, and information regarding our activities, announcement, campaigns, events and survey relating to our goods and services.
We use your information collected from the website to personalise your repeat visits to our websites using cookies (see section below on Cookies). Each time you use the site we’ll also collect information including domain name/IP address, referring URL, browser and platform, time of visit, pages visited and any searches performed – this information may be used to help us improve the performance of our website and for assessing the suitability of or requirements for certain services.
We may monitor and record telephone conversations with you and use them for staff training, quality and security purposes.
Will we pass your information to anyone else?
We may share your information with the following:
- other companies within the element14 group and certain third parties who provide us with services. These group companies and third parties will only use your information to provide these services or help us to improve our website or services. They will do so as our data processors and will handle your information on our behalf and in accordance with our instructions. Some of these processors may be based outside Hong Kong and your information may therefore be transferred and handled outside Hong Kong. Where this applies we will take steps to ensure adequate protection of your information. When you submit your information, you are deemed to be giving your consent to the possible transfer of your information outside Hong Kong;
- credit reference agencies and other similar companies, in order to carry out credit reference searches (if you want to open a credit account), for fraud prevention and to pursue debtors, and we may also obtain information about you from such companies, if necessary in connection with your account or purchasing activity with us;
- any companies or persons that we might in the future sell our business or part of our business to.
If you allow us to, we may share your information with other companies in the element14 group for marketing purposes but we will not share your information with any third parties outside our group for their marketing purposes.
We and other element14 group companies would like to send you information about the products and services we offer which may interest you, if you have consented to the same. If you have allowed us to send marketing information to you, you may opt out at any time. If you no longer want us to contact you for marketing purposes please either click here to update your preferences or contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org (letting us know what type of marketing you no longer wish to receive) or by telephone on +852 2268 9888.
Cookies are tiny text files stored on your computer or other mobile or handheld device (such as smart ‘phones or ‘tablets’) when you visit certain web pages. Cookies are essential to the effective operation of our website and to enable you to shop with us online. Cookies are also used to tailor the products and services offered and advertised to our customers, both on this website and elsewhere. The information collected by cookies themselves cannot be used to identify you personally, except in limited circumstances if it is combined with other information as described below in relation to performance cookies.
Some other examples of what cookies can do include:
- saving the contents of your shopping basket as you proceed through the checkout process;
- remembering your account log in details so you can see information relating to your orders and manage your account;
- recording the areas of our website that you have visited and for how long, as well as which products you viewed and purchased. We use this information to help us improve our website so that it is easy to use and so we can improve the services we provide to our customers. It also helps us to recommend relevant products and offers on our website.
Cookies are 100% safe. Cookies do not harm your computer, they do not contain any information that itself could be used by others to identify you personally (although the information may be combined with other information to identify you in limited circumstances as described below in respect of performance cookies) and they do not contain any confidential information, such as your email address or payment details.
At e絡盟 the cookies we use fall into three different types:
Strictly necessary cookies - Some cookies are strictly necessary to allow you to move about the website easily or to provide you with certain features you have requested, such as remembering your basket contents and identifying you as being logged onto the site.
Performance Cookies - these collect information about how you use our website e.g. which pages you visit and if you experience any errors. These cookies do not collect information that itself identifies a visitor, although they may collect the IP address of the device used to access the site and some of the information collected may be used in conjunction with other data you have provided on registration if it appears you may have had problems with the site or an order. All information collected is used to help us understand how our visitors use our website, what interests our users, and to measure how effective our pages are so that we can improve how we present our content to you. These cookies help to improve the performance of the website, providing a better experience for you.
Functionality Cookies - these cookies are used to remember settings about choices you have made on the website such as the language preference you have chosen for the site and your marketing preferences and allow us to provide services you have asked to use and to improve your visit.
Some of the cookies used on our website are set by third party organisations that we use for different services. For example, we use external analytics services by specialist suppliers and these suppliers may set cookies on our behalf in order to report back to us. We may also sometimes embed video or other content from websites such as YouTube and these sites may set their own cookies.
Access to stored data and information you provide is password protected and access to passwords is limited. Firewall technology is used to prevent unauthorised access and servers are backed up daily, with archives stored in a secure location.
Our website uses SSL (“Secure Socket Layer” technology), the de facto standard for internet security. SSL is an open protocol for secure data communications across computer networks. Broad support for this protocol promotes interoperability between products from many organisations. It provides an environment in which e-commerce can be conducted and data can be safely encrypted and protected. SSL provides a straightforward method for adding strong security to existing applications and network infrastructures. SSL is application protocol independent and provides:
- encryption, which creates a secure channel to prevent others from tapping into the network,
- authentication, which uses certificates and digital signatures to verify the identity of parties in information exchanges and transactions, and
- message integrity, which ensures that messages cannot be altered en route.
Our website is authenticated for e-commerce by VeriSign, the world’s leading website authentication authority.
Our website may contain links to other websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that they have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for such policies. Please check such policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
How to contact us